Thursday, July 24, 2008

A very large camp review

Well....i decided that I could go with a few blogs of each day or do a large overview of the whole thing. I decided on one BIG post...so be prepared!

Day 1-

Arrival day!!!! After a very long bus ride, unpacking, and dinner, it was the first night of worship. Man the whole place was on FIRE! All of the songs were amazing, and what followed was not what I was expecting at ALL. Andy Tilly talked about how there is one thing in life that is free that is sooo priceless. Your life! But sometimes we find ourselves living for us, and being all about us. But that's not how God wants us to live at all. We should be about serving others. Why be selfish when our life was given to us?

After service was 80's bad prom night!!! Holy cow that was quite amusing indeed :)

Day 2-This was the first official day of camp, and everyone there had waaaay too much energy. No matter, it would all be burned off by the end of camp. All of the team building activities were so fun! It just showed that no matter where you came from, we could all work together and make a difference. Too bad they didn't listen to me when it came to building the boat..... ;)

the service tonight was what really got to me, more than any other night. It talked about how we are so selfish in life, and we have a "mom-ME" attitude. you know, where life is all about you and what you want, no matter what that means.

He also talked about prayer. This is where it gets cool. In the devotional time earlier that day, I had opened up the Message to a random page. It was Luke 10:20-35 and Luke 11. It just happened to be the lords prayer. i remembered thinking that this section was really cool and that i wanted to look at that verse some more later. Well, that night, guess what Andy talked about? Yeah, you guessed it. The lords prayer. He talked about how we pray over such stupid things, like that we will ace our next test or score that hot guy over there. I mean seriously? I found myself thinking "you know? i pray stupid things all the time". It hit home HARD. I'm so bad about truly praying to God. Ah man i was bawling. to learn about the second part of the story, check out Alec's blog. :)

The days that followed we equally as inspiring, but I learned the most from the second message. Well, and then the last night of course, which has a reputation of flooding the auditorium.

Camp is an experience where everyone gets something different from it. I know i was changed,but I'm sure that everyone that went was impacted somehow. I pray for everyone this year it wont be a "camp high". I pray that it will stay with us until next year, and the years to come. Wouldn't that be AWESOME? I can't even imagine.

OH! And my injuries are good now, my back and legs aren't sore anymore either! YAY! lol.....I hope everyone has recovered from camp as well.

4 comments:

YYY said...

Prom night = amusing?!?! try crazy amazing spectacular!!! it was a lot better than last year when we were "too cool" to dance, when actually we weren't cool enough to dance. :) i know that i can't dance (mostly cuz im a skinny white girl) but it was fun to try!!!

Jordan Garrett said...

A MEN!!! it was fun, what was i thinking? maybe just seeing everyone look like dorks :)

Jacob said...

ahh i love camp...

80's night was pretty cool.

seeing as how i was wearing the gayest clothes of all time. :D

Robin Meadows said...

Everyone may have recovered, but I know some that are ready to go back! ;)