Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Travels in Africa

Maybe you know (and maybe you don't...) but when I was in the 5th grade my parents and I went on a mission trip to Ghana, Africa. It really has changed our lives! I learned so many things on that trip..ahh the memories. The only bad things that happened were I had to get 4 shots (by the way if you ever have to get a yellow fever shot, I'm soooo sorry. It HURTS) and I got sick because of a malaria pill. But there were soo many good things that happened too...here are some of the AMAZING things that happened.




learned to entertain myself with a yo yo and a deck of cards (for 10 days)


learned to eat food with a malaria pill


learned dutch airline food is really REALLY gross


learned to not ask what you are eating....just enjoy it


never try to stuff 9 people in a car that only seats 8........for 5 hours straight.


go ahead and try that "chocolate mouse" that's on the menu....


EAT THE FRUIT! Its soooo amazing when it's fresh


learn the language....they will take pity on you and help you master it :)


NEVER buy a "grasscutter" (some sort of animal..beats me) off the road from a salesman when there is a guy selling a dead monkey 10 feet away too. I guess the guy with the monkey wanted to get rid of it.


never rock the bridge that is holding up the canopy walk. it's a long way down.


take pictures!


be BLESSED! We have so many things that we just take for granted, like a home. or running water. or floors. right across the street from your "5 star" hotel. wow.


here are some AWESOME pics :) Hope you enjoy!....ok i lied..it wont let me upload any!!! AHHH!!!! Well, if you wanna see some, lemmie know and i'll bring some to church sometime! :)

7 comments:

Jacob said...

AWESOME! i wanna see pics!!

YYY said...

hey if you are ever going back to africa...your best friend would love to go with you. she would EVEN ride in a suitcase if she had to. just keep that in mind.... :)

Taylor Hale said...

Hey bring some pics! Oh yeah, and I agree with Sheridan. Can I come too?? LOL

Mandy said...

I'd love to see some pics!!

Jacob said...

guys.... no no no... you have it all wrong. she would definately take me first. :D

Robin Meadows said...

Oh man...try the pics again! Katie is our only one that has been to Africa. She went to Togo. I have two friends that went to Sierra Leone this summer. Love the stories.

Jordan Garrett said...

hmm...oh the choices the choices!!! idk. this is tough. well i know my bday is around the corner..so maybe ill decide from that if you know what i mean....lol jk. but still