Thursday, September 18, 2008

Edmond Cup

Today was the first day of the Edmond Cup. It's a golf tournament for all of the high school golf teams. Well, only varsity was supposed to play, but for some reason one of the players couldn't. So I was next on the list! I'm not supposed to play on varsity because lets face it, I'm a freshman, and I haven't quite earned it. (They are all Jr.'s and Sr.'s).

Well, here I am, about to pee my pants on the first hole. I was SOOOOO nervous! This is my first Tournament of the year, and I really want to do good!

We were playing in a scramble against Santa Fe today. A scramble is when you have a partner (my partner was a Sr. named Travis. He's the #1 player on the guys golf team......if that's not intimidating I don't know what is) and you both hit off the tee box. Then you take the better shot and you both hit from there and so on. I was the only freshman, the other 3 people were Jr's and Sr.'s. AHHH! The guys were teeing off the challenge tees...and the girls get the Jr/ women tees :) SOOOO on the first hole...we used my drive...and on the second hole... :)

After that it was really fun. Scrambles are always fun to play, because you aren't really pressured to make an amazing shot every time. The good news???

WE WON!! We beat Santa Fe on the first 5 holes that we played...so we didn't need to play anymore. Cool huh?

Have you ever been in a situation where you were so nervous and you felt out of place? Did you overcome it and end up having a good time?

2 comments:

Alec Warn said...

haha thats awesome.
im really glad you guys won!
represent!


as for the question,
yes, i have.
NORTHWEST! haha jkjk,
but i think when i get into those
positions, i tend to just make it
fun for me, and not worry.
i love doing that :]

oh and ultimate frisbee!
because as well all know,
alec and sports...
DO NOT mix!

Praise Jesus for music :]

Jordan Garrett said...

bahahhahahhahahhahaha niiiiice ;]