Thursday, September 25, 2008

And for my next trick. . .

No, I don't know how to pull a rabbit out of a hat. ( and I know that's what y'all were thinking too :) But if you know me then you know that I'm pretty much the biggest klutz you will ever meet. I do stupid, silly, embarrassing things ALL the time. Here is a stupid moment:

My mom asks me to make dinner. So I'm like sure, that's no big deal, I make dinner all the time. Yes, it's true, and I'm not that bad. At least no ones said anything bad about my cooking before :) Anyway, my mom suggests that I make chili since it's really cold outside. So I go and get some hamburger meat out of the freezer so I can de-thaw it. My mom always cuts a big pack of meat up into pound-sized bags and uses one of those machines that sucks the air out of it. It's a really neat way to keep food for a long time. And it makes it simple when a quick dinner is needed.

But anyway the meat is thawed, I cut open the bag, put the meat in the pot, and go and light the gas burner. (A gas burner is the kind with the actual flame) Weeelll....I forgot to move the plastic bag that the meat was in out of the way. Whoops....

So what do I do? I have some burning plastic (that I've decided to pick up! What was I thinking?!) and I don't know how to put it out. Its too big to just blow out....So I go and put it in the sink!!! But what happens? The flame gets BIGGER. So I'm spazing out right now, and I'm yelling MOM!!!! MOM!!!! She comes running, sees the flame, and turns the water on :)

Wow Jordan, way to go using your brain.

Have you ever been in a situation where something happened and you just didn't think straight to fix it? Or any other stupid mistakes that would like to be shared...?

6 comments:

YYY said...

bahahahaha!! that's hilarious. (:
i love you jordan. now as for the stupid stories....im pretty sure you know them all, and there really aren't any that i want the whole wide world to know about! :D

Mandy said...

Nice. I'm usually pretty quick to think unless i'm REALLY REALLY tired. As in like haven't slept for a week tired. :)

Taylor Hale said...

Ummm... RUNNING to my moms at Switch a couple weeks ago. Cause and effect.
Cause: Running to the car and tripping on the ground.
Effect: Spraining my ankle. Yeah. Nice, right? :)

Jordan Garrett said...

sheridan- yeah....i know :D

taylor-well....at least you were running. i was walking at church, triped over nothing, and now i have two huge concrete burn marks.
sorry about your ankle tho...that sucks

Jacob said...

haha wow way to use your brain j LOL jk kinda

And no that kind of stuff doesn't happen to me much ;)

Jordan Garrett said...

yeah...it happens to me too much.

like at the first week of switchgroups. i fell through a door.

good times.....

only i would do that....

it was great...and everyone now knows me as "the girl who fell through the door!!!"

they wanted me to do it again for a good youtube moment...UH NO!

lol.