Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First-Day Freshman Freakout!

I started my first day of high school today, and I have to say it was the scariest thing I have ever experienced!!!! Being that I didn't know practically anyone (other than my great church friends and elementary friends that I hadn't seen in three years). I was so nervous in the car, practically hyperventilating lol. I just knew I was going to end up that one girl who sits at a table all by herself with absolutely no friends or social life. Luckily for me I caught up with Mack, Haley, and Alec right before school started, which calmed me down tremendously :)

I have health first hour, and the only person I recognized was a guy that I knew from my 3 years of being an orch dork :) Unfortunately I sit front and center, so if the teacher talks I have to pull out an umbrella so I don't get spit on.

Pre-AP Geometry is next, and I get to suffer through with my best friend Sheridan. This will be fun :)

This is where it gets good. Sheridan and I ventured into the main building to Pre-AP Spanish 3. OH man. If being in a class of Jr's. isn't enough, not know what the teacher is saying half the time is even better. She spoke nothing but Spanish, and we had to introduce ourselves, say something we liked, and something we didn't like all in Spanish. Now I don't know about you, but I know I'm pretty rusty from summer. The guy sitting next to us said he didn't like freshman. OOOH snap.

Next me and Sheridan race back to the freshman hall to go to lunch. That was the best part of the day :)

After lunch I went to my 4Th hour, orchestra, only to find that i was supposed to have orchestra first and THEN lunch. *sigh* So I had an orchestra class today full of weird EXTREME orch dorks in the 10Th, 11Th, and 12Th grade. That was awkward.....

5Th hour was English, where we will be reading books like The Odyssey, Of Mice and Men, Night, and Romeo and Juliet. Fun stuff....

6Th hour is Biology. I LOOOOOOVE science, so I'm really looking forward to this class.

7Th hour is my golf class...and we don't start practice 'till Monday or Tuesday. It's pretty boring right now, but when we get to the course it will be hard-core practice. I can't wait :)

Do you have any school-trauma type stories that you would like to share?

9 comments:

YYY said...

So you have second lunch like me?! YAY!!! I got to have two lunches today :) After enjoying 10 minutes of vocal that is...that was productive. lol :D BUT WE LIVED!!! Even in our spanish class....this is going to be an interesting year... :)

Mandy said...

You'll be just fine. :) I promise. And don't worry about that junior guy. I promise there's a senior who hates him because he sneaks out to lunch and makes the lines longer. :)

Jacob said...

I LOOOOOVE geometry!

Jordan Garrett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordan Garrett said...

Sheridan- yes...spanish will be interesting indeed.

Mandy- bahahahahahaha! yeah, im sure it will be fine, considering that im still alive :)

Jacob- FREAK! lol, jkkkk. I think our geo. teacher thinks we're kindergarteners or something, im not EVEN kidding.

YYY said...

amen to that jordan!!! omg...it was HORRIBLE! grrrr... :)

Mandy said...

who are your teachers?

Jordan Garrett said...

i have roberts, madison, pinto, koehn, moore, despain, and mallett.

YYY said...

i have despain, madison, pinto, smith/martin, grayson, and moore