Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fear

Imagine this:

It's late, your tired, and all you want to do is cuddle up in your bed and sleep 'till noon the next day. You walk up the stairs, go into your room, and you're about to climb into bed when HOLY COW!!! There's a bee flying around your head. Now, if you know me then you know that I've never EVER liked flying, stinging things.

So what do you do in this crisis? I'm huddled up in a corner, waiting for the bee to land so I can capture it and let it outside or something. But I have no idea where it went. GREAT.......

Again, what to do? Then it hit me! I grabbed 3 pillows, a blanket, and called my dog and sprinted to my closet. Now my closet is pretty big, big enough that if i lay down i can fit with about an inch to spare (not going diagonal). So i grab my sleeping bag from the top of my closet, surround myself with pillows, and curl up with my dog in my closet.

Childish, right? You would think this would be the events of a 5 year old...but alas...this happened a week ago :)

It's amazing the lengths we will go to when we are afraid of something to avoid it..........

What are you afraid of? Any other thoughts?

1 comment:

Alec Warn said...

I'm afraid I'll get distracted.
Distracted from God.
And He won't be able to use me,
in the ways He needs to.

And by the way, I just listen to songs and try to hear the lyrics ;].